HEALTH CARE SERVICE PROVISION @ BLUE MOUNTAIN HAVEN
The Haven consists of a frail-care facility and health care services, from which Blue Mountain Haven, Retirement Estate and The Gables’ residents benefit immensely.
Up until recently, the health care services were provided by an external service provider. Whilst initially satisfactory, it became evident that there were several areas of concern. An independent analysis revealed several shortcomings and after further investigation, including meeting with other potential service providers, the trustees decided that the best way forward, would be to provide the services in-house. The health care service would be provided through a Non-Profit company, created by the trustees of The Haven and Gables, and the Retirement Estate, thus diminishing the obvious expenses and affording the company an opportunity to greatly invest in the services offered.
The additional benefits would include much needed investment in the employees; an opportunity to create a highly trained and motivated workforce, thus able to provide exceptional service delivery to the Haven’s most valuable asset, the resident.
As at 1st May 2017, the health care services are provided in-house through the Non-Profit Company, with all employees recruited and ready to commence service.
The legal entity that will become the medical health care service provider will be a Non-Profit Company and the Trustees of the Blue Mountain Haven Body Corporate and the Directors of Blue Mountain Carenet Retirement Estate Property Owners’ Association will become the Board of Directors of the Blue Mountain Village Retirement Community.
- BASIC HEALTH CARE
Basic health care is included when purchasing a property or unit at the Haven, Gables or Retirement Estate.
A daily medical service to cater for the application of:
- Daily administering of medication as prescribed by a medical practitioner
- Basic wound care
- Test monitoring
- Health assistance, advice, referrals & reassurance
- Supervision by professional registered nurses
- Weekly clinic services
- Weekly sister visit
- 3 Day Medical frail care bed availability
- Daily activities at The Haven
- Shuttle service as per roster
- Panic button response and monitoring
- 24 Hour nursing availability
- ENHANCED BASIC HEALTH CARE
Enhanced services are included when purchasing a unit at The Haven.
Basic Health Care services and the following:
- Offering three balanced meals per day or special diet options
- Laundering of bed linen and towels weekly
- Offering of general laundry services (dry cleaning excluded)
- Cleaning services
- ASSISTED LIVING
Basic Health Care together with Enhanced Basic Health Care services and the following:
- Basic Nursing services including:
1) Daily visits by professional nursing personnel
2) General health monitoring in conjunction with the resident’s medical doctor
3) Daily bathing and dressing assistance
4) Daily making of beds
5) General engagement of supervision of an adequate complement of qualified staff to ensure that all services as specified in terms of the service level agreement to be offered are properly provided.
- PERMANENT HEALTH CARE
In addition to the health care services, which may be provided as contemplated above and other additional services selected by the resident, Blue Mountain Village Retirement Community will ensure the availability of Permanent Health Care services for the resident. The level of health service required by the resident, at the discretion of BMRC shall be based on an admission health assessment conducted by the In-house team, in conjunction with the General Practitioner assigned to the Haven.
- HOME-BASED CARE
Home based care services will be available at an additional charge.
6. FRAIL CARE SERVICES
Frail care services will include the following:
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- 3 Meals per day
- Morning and afternoon refreshments
- Cleaning of the room
- Medication administration
- Basic Manicures and Pedicures
All stock used will be charged separately and according to medical supply list charges. Please note the following is also excluded: medication, nappies, toiletries, medical stock items and multi-disciplinary team visits (physiotherapist, podiatrist, dietician, social worker, hairdresser etc.)
Price structure for Service provision or Frail Care services for the Haven, Gables and Retirement Estate are available from the office, on 044-805 7308. Price Structure for Home Based Care at the Gables and Retirement Estate are available from the office.
If you have any queries, please contact the General Manager, Dominique Otgaar, on 044-805 7308.